4/24/15 Friday Notes
- Homework Help Night – 5/6 Puppet Show project
Monday, April 27th 5:30 – 7 pm, Multi-Purpose Room/Cafeteria
Come to this event to help 5th and 6th grade students with their April Book Project.
The April project is a puppet show the students will present during their Lit Block class.
We need parents and students to come down to the cafeteria to start construction of their puppet show stages and puppets. Materials to construct the stage and puppets will be provided, but please feel free to bring in your own materials, props and decorations.
Suggestions listed here for materials:
socks, string, yarn, decorations, sequins, Popsicle sticks, paints, ribbon, pipe cleaners, glue, clay, googly eyes, markers, small props and accessories (and whatever else you can come up with).
Contact Mr. Birch for further details or if you have any questions or suggestions. Stop in at any time between 5:30 and 7:00pm Monday and stay for as long as you want!
- National Screen Free Week is May 4th-10th, and CCCK-8 is celebrating with a bike rally Monday May 4th 6:00-7:00 pm (sign up with volunteer spot to help out: http://vols.pt/NrUznP ) and a family hike with The Parks and Recreation District Sat. May 9th (more info coming soon). The week will be full of fun screen free contests and a Popsicle party for those who participate!
- Silent Auction & Talent Show
Friday May 8th 5:30 pm food & auction, 6:30 pm performances begin
Our community school is hosting our annual Talent Show featuring performances by our students. Please come and enjoy an evening of delicious food and great entertainment. Bid at the silent auction to win great prizes, gift certificates and fun activities. All proceeds will go to the PTSA’s enrichment fund for programs like the Writers in the School program hosted this year. We hope you can join us at this event that supports our school and showcases our talented students!
We’ll be posting updates on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/364678470386718/
- Save the date: Lakeside Amusement Park Night – May 18th Ticket details to come.
- Chili Challenge – Saturday, April 25th – 11 am – 1 pm – CCCIA
Prizes for each category: Red Chili, Green Chili, White Chili, Salsa and Chocolate dessert
$6 per category entry or $6 admission for members $8 non-members $5 under 12 years
- Unacceptable Risk Film Screening & Discussion – Sunday, April 26th – 3 pm – 5:00 pm – CCCIA
A short film, featuring local firefighters who have battled many of Colorado’s epic fires of the past decade.
- Calling All Baseball Players
The Gilpin County Parks & Recreation Community Center Baseball League now forming teams for:
T-Ball: 4-7 yrs.
Coach Pitch: 6-8 yrs.
Minors: 9-11 yrs.
Time: Saturdays from May 2nd To Mid July
Location: Gilpin Baseball Fields and Idaho Springs Fields
Cost: $60/1st child, $55/2nd child
Register by 4/30/15 on-line (gilpinrecreation.com) or at the front desk. Payment is requested at time of registration. Rosters formed May 1st.
Contact Orrin Synder @ (303) 582-1453 with any questions.
Come join the fun and play ball!
Gilpin County Community Center – 250 Norton Drive – Black Hawk, CO 80422
- May Events Week: Teacher Appreciation, Health & Wellness Week, Silent Auction/Talent Show
The first week of May is chock full of events, so it is also full of volunteer opportunities. The sign-up form is now available online: http://vols.pt/NrUznP It will continue to get updated, so please come back often to find more opportunities as they become available.
To donate an item to the silent auction, please visit this sign-up form: http://vols.pt/qCL1TT
- 2015 – 2016 PTSA Board: The PTSA nominating committee is looking for candidates to fill and share important roles on next year’s board (president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary). These positions help drive this organization to serve our community school. It is a great opportunity to meet other parents at our school and develop leadership skills as well. If you would like more information about this opportunity, please contact Tami Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned in future Friday Notes and PTSA member emails for more information on upcoming programs. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Jody Dickson, President email@example.com 303-642-3568
CCCK-8 Business Sponsors